DG MARE and IOC UNESCO IOC are jointly organising the 2nd International Conference on Marine/Maritime Spatial Planning in March 2017 in Paris. Given the rising international interest in Maritime Spatial Planning, it is time to take stock of the latest developments and to discuss on how to achieve and accelerate successful MSP worldwide.
Invited experts from Europe, North America, South Africa, Asia and Latin America will share their practical experiences of maritime spatial planning highlighting good practices and fit to purpose solutions.
This three-day conference will enable experts to discuss amongst others
- Stakeholder engagement, illustrating wide ranging and innovative approaches to stakeholder participation
- International targets promoting sustainable ocean governance and the role of MSP in dealing with those challenges - International cross-border MSP (Xiamen,The Coral Triangle, The Southern Ocean and Rhode Island)
- Application of the ecosystem approach
- Effective monitoring and evaluation
- Institutional capacity needs for adaptive management within MSP
- Practical examples of ocean planning in areas beyond national jurisdictions
The conference will gather 280 participants and up to 46 speakers from across the world.